Friday, August 5, 2011

Before & After - Diningroom


Next on my guided trip around the Cottage is the dining room. Possibly my favorite room in the house!


It used to be pretty dreadful! Dark maroon and loads of pine. This image is from the listing. The only thing I kept really was the hardwood floors! I love that this room has full height beadboard! And the potential was there, hidden behind the layers of dark paint.


I like to think I brought Vinnord back to life. I like to think is how SHE would have wanted to look. Like a welcoming, warm and airy lady. And it is true that this house posseses a certain soul. Everytime you enter the front door your pulse and breathing goes down. You relax, wether you want to or not. Maybe this is why projects take longer here?


The only NEW furniture in my home can be seen here, the glass cabinets were bought at a sale. And I store my ever growing collection of vintage mint-green tablewear in them. The little cabinet was once a horrible dark brown. And is now home to my "large" collection of spirits. Ha ha...


the green shelf was a "I need that" buy at the local interior shop. It adds such a pang of colour. I love it.


this buffet was bought 2nd hand, and I have left it the rather bad paintjob.. for now. I like the depth this ark piece adds to the room. But I have thought about staining it almost black and rub it down.


The decor always changes.... I am forever fiddeling about.


in real life I hate frogs. But in figurines and art I love them. Strange huh?



 there is a bird theme going on in the dining room for sure:)


Wooden candlesticks, painted and distressed. All fleamarket finds.

 I collect naturalia speciemens. Most are displayed in my atlièr, but some always make their way downstairs. Like this urchin. Turquoise pidestal was a flea-find of course, and painted.


the chippy door on the wall is a find from my local antiques dealer. The colour is just perfect of course.
Well that was a roundtrip around my dining room. I hope you enjoyed it. Next up is the kitchen, in just a few days time.

all photos by Eva Feldmann, all styling by me of course.

update:
ther way I am just popping in to answer a question I get asked ALOT these days...
"what paint, and shade, did you use on your dining chairs"?
well I used TWO shades of colour. Both in high glossy oil-based paint (Lady Interior from Norway).
The colour codes are in Norwegian too, and I just dont know if they would work if you give them to international sellers.
The first colour is a darker shade, called "lavender". It is an old colour used alot in the 50's in Norway. A sort of toned down turquoise (gray'ish). It's muted and lovely.
The code for that one is: 3010-G10Y
The lighter shade reminds me more of a tiffany blue. Still muted, but just a tiiiiny bit lighter than "lavender". The code for this one is: S2010-B90G

36 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

Beautiful! Everything goes together perfectly- the colors, the placement you selected, the textures, etc. Makes me want to paint my dining room furniture! But, it was my grandmother's, and if I painted it, I think my mom might freak out!! :)
Regards, Andrea @ townandprairie

RoseSommer said...

Du har det så lekkert! De grønnfargene dine er til å bli i godt humør av.

Karen said...

That is a beautiful transformation. I cant believe its the same room. It is so gorgeous and tranquil.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Your dining room is gorgeous and what a wonderful transformation! I am in love with the soft colors you used.
xo,
Sherry

Kelly said...

I saw your home on The Old Painted Cottage-it's beautiful! I like your blog too and plan to visit it often.

Kelly in Tennessee

Dawn said...

Saw you on The Old Painted Cottage. Love, love, love your look! Will be visiting your blog often.
Dawn in Ohio, USA

3egirls said...

I found your blog through the Old Painted Cottage. Your blog and home are both beautiful. You have an amazing sense of style. I love the mix of vintage, farm house & beach!! I'll be back to visit your blog again!!! There is so much to be inspired by!!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Love the entire room, Eva!
Thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday which led me to you today!
Your newest follower.
Your dining room looks so cozy and inviting.
I love the shutter! So many pretty things to enjoy in there. The colors are fantastic!
xx
Alison

LOVING the horseshoes up the stairs.... would love to copy that here.... may I borrow your idea?!!

CoopDeVilla said...

Your home is amazing. I am your newest follower and now I am off to paint my dining room table. After seeing yours and how it pulled your room together (an the other painted furniture of course) I know I must do it. But first, I need to see more. Such delightful eye candy. Thank you.
Enjoy your day,
Patty

CoopDeVilla said...

Oh, I found you on The Old Painted Cottage blog. Way to go... Cottage of the Month, Miss August!

Karin said...

So happy to have found your lovely blog via The Old Painted Cottage! Love all the details in your decorating, especially the soft colors! I plan to visit often. ♥

Monica Helén said...

Jeg TROR dette er favorittrommet mitt også. Ganske så sikker iallefall.. Eller kanskje stua er det. ... Nei, vent litt.. kjøkkenet... eller kanskje ta en ny kopp kaffe i trappa i gangen.. soverommet er så digg.. hmm... vanskelig det der... nei, klarer ikke velge favorittrom jeg....!
Det er så nydelig overalt.! =) Med unntak av gjesterom og det framtidige biblioteket da, hihi..:P

Erin C. Young said...

LOVE the dining room - the table and chairs look great. :)) would you mind sharing the paint color for the chairs?? :) thanks!
erincyoung (at) yahoo.com

Mimers said...

Love the transformations! What is the name & brand of the beautiful blue color you did your dining chairs in? IT is the perfect shade of blue and I want to do some transforming of my own! Your site really inspires me ~ Thank you!!

Cristina said...

beautiful!! i also want to know the color and brand of the paint you used for your dining room chairs. thanks so much!

Nicole said...

I really want to paint my dining table white, but I am so worried that it will get really dirty with four little kids. How is your table wearing? Thanks so much!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Hi Eva, I just found your blog on Hometalk. You have done an amazing transformation in your home and it is so inspiring. I love all of the colors that you used and your photographs are dreamy!

Melissa Murphy said...

Ah!! I MUST know the paint colors you used-- PLEASE?! SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

What is the paint color and brand on the dining room walls? Thanks, beautiful job.

Pamela said...

The mismatched chairs all painted the same color is wonderful. I like that things are not matchy but still show harmony. You do have an eye. Thank you for sharing.

Rainey Stewart said...

Seriously, what color did you use for the chairs?! I really want to replicate this look in my own home. Turquoise's can be SO tricky. Please share!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I also would like to know what color you painted the chairs?

Amber Spears said...

What is the color of the paint on the chairs?

spears.amber@gmail.com

Snikmis said...

I also want to know the color of the chairs....

katrina said...

I am also wondering what is the brand and color choice of paint used on the chairs?

summertime said...

Hi,
Love your design style. Colors are fabulous.
I, like many others, am wondering if you would share the color of the paint on the dining room chairs?
thanks and peace and blessings to you!
Eileen

Unknown said...

Bloody amazing. So amazing I'm following you

sweetvintageofmine said...

Beautiful transformation! First time visiting....I am your newest follower! Enjoyed! Blessings~~~Roxie

Unknown said...

I'm also wondering the color of the paint used for the chairs. I left a comment awhile ago on HomeTalk but it wasn't answered, and see here that many others are wondering the same thing. Thank you!

Kim said...

Hi, my name is Kim. I have just seen your dining room makeover on Hometalk. I have seen the picture of your dining room and have admired it many times here and there. I am just reading your blog. I know what you mean about the feeling that you get in your home. I have just moved to a cottage that I love. You immediately feel relaxed when you walk in the door and I have such a peaceful feeling living here. Your dining room is so beautiful! I am just going to read further to see all of your other makeovers. Thank you so much for sharing.

Successful Secrets said...

I love your table! I am thinking about painting my table white and was wondering what you used...it's so shiny and I love the look!

Home Stars said...

Beautiful! I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog!
Table Chairs
Kitchen Tables On Sale
Best Furniture Stores In Denver

Niki Sharma said...

Thanks for providing this valuable information about Office Furniture Suppliers But if you are looking for the Office Furniture Suppliers. Visit us at yellowpages.ae

John Smith said...

Yes, this is a good post without any doubt. You really do a great job. I am inspired by you, so keep it up!

Air & Water Cooled Chillers

Kevin Marshall said...

Great Post!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. This post is more useful and helpful for finding information regarding used dining room chairs for sale. It offers a treasure trove of opportunities to transform our dining spaces into elegant sanctuaries.

Kevin Marshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.