Friday, November 25, 2011

soon it is...

Yule time all over again... I usually decorate early in december, so that I can enjoy the whole holiday month... 
My palette has always been reds, silver and white, with evergreens and lots of lights and glitter... 

For my first year at Vinnord I decorated alot darker, more glam. Last year I converted to a more country style, including alot more aqua and turqouise, as my house is dominated by these colours allready. 
I didnt swap too many things out. These birds are with me all year long. The first year I put them away, but last year they got to stay. 
Here is the table, my first year here. Everything seemed a bit more "grande", if you know what I mean.

and alot of silver!

Last years table, with the tree in the background. And this is where I am wondering what to do... I LOVE the full trees, styled in lots of glamour and glitter. A Disney tree!!!
my 2009 tree...
but this year I have been inspired by simple trees. Country cottage style trees....
oh what to do what to do....


I know I'll probably end up with the full tree... even though a simpler one might suit my home better... 

I have also collected so many new ideas through pinterest! I can't WAIT to get started!

here is just a couple;
 

Tomorrow is my big 30th birthday bash. I am having my ponyclub-friends over for dinner :) And lots of wine! I am sure my actual day, which is sunday, will be spent with a headache! But oh well...
And then on tuesday, I will start decorating!!! :)

More pictures to come, then.... oh and I am dying to show you my new office/atlier furniture from the 1930's and 40's... I am so in love with it. But my camera cant handle the light up there, so I am gonna ask my sister to take a few shots :)

3 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

Lovely in aqua. I enjoy your blog. Always such interesting news, beautiful posts and photos. Thanks for sharing!
Shannon, Oregon, USA

The Old Painted Cottage said...

These images are incredibly inspiring!

oxox
Jennifer

andrea@townandprairie said...

I think red with aqua is such a retro color combo. I love it for the holidays and use this scheme in my kitchen! andrea@townandprairie