Thursday, August 25, 2011

How to be a show pony!

August 14th I headed over to a Pony Show and brought along Pixie, my sister and mum. I was going to be the speaker, so Eva was in charge of showing Pixie.... 

But we started out the night before. Becuase a Pony that has been on grass the entire summer, is a dirty dirty pony! And so she needed a good wash...

It was her first time being washed but she behaved like a star. Wasnt much fuzzy about anything... 
Allthough she protested a few times, and refused to move when told ... sigh... I cant really complain can I...
when the wash was over it was hard to tell which was wetter, me... or the pony :)
I laughed so hard when I saw this picture of me.... good lord...
Wrapped up in jammies that were too big for her. But we tied it up here and there and made it fit :) A happy pony in her box. After being prodded, showered, ears trimmed, mane trimmed, tail un-tangled and well you name it really....

the day of the show she needed touch ups with wet wipes, and her socks were chalked up to appear perfectly white. He hoofs were hair-sprayed to appear shiny. She got baby oil on her face to shine, and in her mane & tail to glitter. As a last touch we added golden glitter spray to her flanks... phu!!! Ready for the ring..
my sister and Pixie entering the ring.
Unfortunatly Pixie has grown this summer, and its been cold. So she has lost weight. Which is typical for yearlings. But she was not in show condition, which I knew. Nor did she show off her stunning high trot. I know she has it though, I've seen it in the field. Also, my sister has never really been a pony handler, so they need to practise on communication.
But no matter. She is my pretty baby! And my sister is super cool to be her handler!

Like I said, we didnt do too well. With the points 7 - 7- 8 - 7- 7 (compared to earlier this summer when she got 9 - 9 - 8 - 8 - 9). She was the only one in her class though. So she still got a ribbon, and I was super proud of my sister and my pony. She behaved so well, I serioulsy couldnt ask for a more brilliant yearling. Nothing scares her! She's so easy to work with :)

I cant wait to get her home for the winter... only 3 more weeks to go!


2 comments:

becky up the hill said...

Honestly she is just adorable. Any pony would be proud to call you their owner..or does she own you? Job well done, for you and your sweet sister!

Monica Helén said...

Hun er virkelig nydelig, det skal være visst! =)